For the shrimp:
2 pounds raw medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons Jamaican curry powder (or yellow curry powder)
1 cup Jamaican Jerk Barbecue sauce
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
For the salsa:
2 large mangos, finely diced
1 red onion, finely diced
1 8-oz can crushed pineapple
3-4 bell peppers (yellow, red, or orange), finely diced
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
For serving: (All garnishes are optional)
small corn or flour tortillas (we used flour, they’re more durable)
lettuce or spinach (we used spinach)
finely diced or thinly sliced radishes
1. Prepare the salsa: Slice, dice, and mix. Crush if you want. (This recipe makes a lot, so expect leftovers.)
2. Prepare the shrimp: In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the curry powder and barbecue sauce and let it marinate for about 30 minutes.
3. Heat a large saute pan over medium temperature.
4. Add the olive oil to the pan and heat for about one minute.
5. Add in the shrimp, and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are evenly cooked and not translucent at all (about five minutes).
6. Serve immediately with garnishes!