Observers note that Paris St.-Germain’s got lucky because Barcelona striker, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, is suspended for the first leg.
This is the first time in 17 years that no English club will be in the quarterfinal.
The eight Champions League quarterfinalists are great teams. There are five former winners. Real Madrid is seeking a record 10th title, and Bayern Munich and Barcelona their fifth. Juventus and Dortmund have also won the tournament.
These are the matchups:
Borussia Dortmund at Malaga
Galatasaray at Real Madrid
Barcelona at Paris St.-Germain
Juventus at Bayern Munich
Malaga at Borussia Dortmund
Real Madrid at Galatasaray
Paris St.-Germain at Barcelona
Bayern Munich at Juventus
An expert posted his power rankings on the web:
- Real Madrid. The best team.
- Bayern Munich. A worthy rival.
- Barcelona. Questions remain.
- Juventus. Do not bet against them.
- Borussia Dortmund. Very talented.
- Paris St.-Germain. Well-financed.
- Galatasaray. Dangerous.
- Málaga. Good young players.